Friday, February 3, 2012

Invisible Part One

Monday February 13th, 2011
            “Oh… my… god! Have you seen the new guy?” Avery whispered as we sneaked a peek through the shelf in the library.
            “Well don’t stare forever you freak!” I whispered in a funny tone back. Avery is one of my best friends and I tell her everything. Of course she already has a date to the Valentines dance on Friday, which is the most romantic dance of the year! I mean seriously...wow… that was fast, she is so pretty. The sad thing is she doesn’t see it in herself and her personality is an amazing combination of humor, caring, independence, trustworthy, smart (sort of), risk taker, impatient, and very unique.
            Unlike her I don’t have a date to the dance. This guy is new and his name is Luke. He is as cute as heck!!! You can even see the six packs through his shirt. He is new and already one of the most popular guys in our school.
            “Oh, he’s wonderful… I just wish he knew I existed,” I told Avery in a disappointing manner.
            “You never know until Friday. He didn’t ask anyone yet,” she said trying to cheer me up.
            “All the other girls like him as well. I doubt he’ll ask me. Why would he ask me anyways? There’s nothing about me that would stand out unlike the other girls,” I pleaded. Avery told me not to worry about it too much like the good friend she is, but I knew I would be thinking about it till after the dance.

Tuesday February 14th, 2011
            I see Avery in the hallway by her locker checking herself out in the mirror. “Dang shawty work dat thang!” she says to herself obnoxiously.
            “What a goof,” I told myself. As I walk towards her I drop my books that were in my hands because some idiot bumped into me!
            I started to pick up my books when all of a sudden a shadow casted over me. I hear a voice say “You need a hand?” As I look up I start to say “Please that would be nice” and at the end of my reply my voice got quieter and slower. I looked up in shock! Who would have guessed that it would be Luke’s shadow over me? Not me that’s for sure. He kneels down and helped pick up my books, and then when we stood back up he introduced himself to me saying “Hey, I’m Luke. I’m new to this school, and I moved here from Green Bay.”
            I introduced myself by saying “Nice to meet you, I’m Taylor.” He has the most gorgeous eyes and his amazing smile blew me away like a leaf on a windy day.
            “Great to meet you, I have to get to class now, but maybe we can talk sometime?” he asked me.
            “Sure,” I replied. As I walk towards Avery, he’s walking the opposite way to class.
            “Sup Aves,” I said walking towards her happy as a clam.
            “Waz up Tay?” she answered back while looking at me with a smirk.             “What’s with the smirk?” I asked her.
            “I saw you over there with Luke. Did he ask you anything?”
            “No, but he said maybe we can talk sometime!” I said excitedly.        “O…M…G! Taylor that’s great!” she replied.
            “But it doesn’t mean much I’m still dateless and there is only 3 more days left till the most romantic dance of the year.”
            “I’m sure you’ll be fine,” she says trying to cheer me up.
            “Shoot! The bell is gonna ring we gotta go to class.” I said. As we are practically sprinting to our class the bell rings we run into the class room as our teacher is shutting the door.
            “Your late,” the teacher exclaimed. “One more tardy and that’s after school detention!” 
            “Yes, Ms.Ewegly,” We both said at the same time.
            “Now class, open your biology books to page 535.

No comments:

Post a Comment